Park Forest, IL–(ENEWSPF)– Boonsom "Lipstick-Lady" Hartman was honored recently with a resolution from the Illinois House of Representatives. A member of the Park Forest Running and Pancake Club, Hartman was featured last year in eNews Park Forest following the completion of her 150th marathon, becoming the first person ever in the state of Illinois to run a marathon in every state plus Washington D.C. — twice.
Hartman continues to average 17 marathons a year. She recently completed her 173rd marathon, and will run the San Francisco Marathon this coming Sunday with husband Scott. The race begins at 5:30 a.m.
The resolution follows:
ILLINOIS HOUSE RESOLUTION 1384
- WHEREAS, The members of the Illinois House of Representatives are pleased to congratulate Boonsom Hartman of Oak Forest on running two marathons in each of the fifty states; and
- WHEREAS, In 2003, Park Forest Running and Pancake Club member Boonsom "Lipstick Lady" Hartman ran a marathon in every state in the nation, and also Washington D.C.; reaching this goal took eleven years; and
- WHEREAS, On June 23, 2007, she reached this plateau a second time when she completed her 150th marathon at the Mayor’s Midnight Sun Marathon in Anchorage, Alaska, becoming a second time finisher in the 50 States & D.C. Marathon Group U.S.A., only the 31st person ever to make that distinguished list, and the first person to achieve this from the State of Illinois; and
- WHEREAS, She ran her first marathon on October 25, 1992, in the City of Chicago, and has run eleven straight Chicago marathons; and
- WHEREAS, She is followed in the marathon by her husband, Scott, who drives a van and encourages her by playing music; he meets her at the 25th mile marker, carrying her lipstick, which she pauses to apply; and
- WHEREAS, In addition to the Park Forest Running and Pancake Club, she is a member of the 50 States Marathon Club, the 100 Marathon Club North America, the 50 States & D.C. Marathon Group U.S.A., and the Marathon Maniacs; therefore, be it
RESOLVED, BY THE HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES OF THE NINETY-FIFTH GENERAL ASSEMBLY OF THE STATE OF ILLINOIS, that we congratulate Boonsom "Lipstick Lady" Hartman of Oak Forest on running two marathons in each of the fifty states and wish her continued success as she continues to run marathons across the nation; and be it further
RESOLVED, That a suitable copy of this resolution be presented to Boonsom Hartman as a symbol of our respect.
The resolution was filed with the Clerk by State Rep. Al Riley.
The original resolution is here at the Illinois General Assembly’s web site.