- Category: Schools
- Published on Thursday, 28 June 2012 23:35
- Written by Press Release
University Park, IL-(ENEWSPF)- CenterPoint at Governors State University is sponsoring four Starting a Business in Illinois workshops in July for Chicago Southland residents.
The free workshops focus on personal, financial, and legal aspects of starting a business. Participants will learn what steps to take and what resources are available to assist new business owners succeed in today’s challenging economic climate.
Workshops will be presented:
- On Monday, July 16, from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m., at Old Plank Trail Bank, 20901 S. LaGrange Road, Frankfort. Judi Mack, Regional Representative for GSU CenterPoint, will present the program, sponsored by Old Plank Trail Bank.
- On Wednesday, June 18, from 9 to 11 a.m., at Kallsen Center in Tinley Park Village Hall, 16250 S. Oak Park Avenue, Tinley Park. Dan McAllister, Regional Representative for GSU CenterPoint, will present the program, sponsored by the Village of Tinley Park.
- On Tuesday, June 24, from 4 to 6 p.m., at Orland Township office center, 14807 S. Ravinia Avenue, Orland Park. Dan McAllister will present the program, sponsored by Orland Township.
- On Wednesday, July 25, from 6 to 8 p.m., at the Richton Park Community Center, 4455 Sauk Trail, Richton Park. Elliott Johnson, Regional Representative for GSU CenterPoint, will present the program, sponsored by the Village of Richton Park.
Interested individuals can contact CenterPoint at (708) 534-4927 or www.centerpointgsu.com.
CenterPoint at Governors State University is an Illinois Small Business Development Center offering professional assistance, counseling, relevant training, and ongoing support services to entrepreneurs. CenterPoint is a service of Governors State University with grant support from the Illinois Department of Commerce and Economic Opportunity and the U.S. Small Business Administration.