Resistance in your community, across the country, and around the globe
NATIONWIDE–(ENEWSPF)–February 27, 2017
By:Â Common Dreams staff
- Demand your lawmaker support the “Resolution of Inquiry” into Trump’s conflicts of interest and his team’s contact with Russian officialsDaily Call to Action: Urge the House Judiciary Committee to support the Resolution of Inquiry introduced by Rep. Jerrold Nadler (D-NY), which wouldÂ require the DOJ to provide to the House all records related to investigations of Trump and his campaignÂ pertaining to Russia, as well as conflicts of interest stemming from the President Trumpâ€™s failure to divest. The House Judiciary Committee is expected to debate and vote on the bill on Tuesday. While it has been expected that the Committee will defeat the measure on a party line vote,Â this weekend Darrell Issa (R-CA) expressed support for aÂ special prosecutor in the Russia matter. In light of Issaâ€™s call for a serious investigation, it is quite possible he will support the Inquiry. Issaâ€™s statement suggests constituent pressure for a serious investigation of the Presidentâ€™s Russia ties and conflicts is building and having an effect on some Republicans who will be required to vote on the record on Nadlerâ€™s Inquiry.
- Call the House Judiciary Committee at (202) 225-3951 and tell them you support the Resolution of Inquiry;
- If your RepresentativeÂ is on the House Judiciary Committee, call and ask him/her to support the Resolution of Inquiry. Use this link to determine if your Representative is on the Committee and for district office numbers;
- Read the Indivisible Guide’s action plan for further information/guidance: “Mandate Disclosure on Trump’s Conflict of Interest“
What You Can Be Doing Every Day
- Check out the Indivisible Guide’s “Capitol Calendar.” See if there’s a local Indivisible group in your area. If there isn’t, start one.
- ‘The Resistance Calendar‘ also has a running schedule of events and actions.
- Sign up to receive ‘Daily Action‘ on your mobile device
- Every day:Â Make your voice heard with “5 Calls” (because calling your lawmaker actually works)
- Every Sunday:Â Join “Ready to Resist”Â Strategy Calls
- Every Tuesday:Â #ResistTrumpTuesdaysÂ (or onÂ Twitter)