Scholarship Available to Park Forest High School Seniors
Park Forest, IL—(ENEWSPF)—November 22, 2017
By: Rosemary Piser
You may have noticed the well-trimmed beards of some of the Park Forest Police this month. The reason for these whiskers is that the Department is participating in the ‘No-Shave November and December’ to raise funds for the Officer Timothy Jones Scholarship.
The scholarship will be awarded to one Park Forest high school senior to use when attending college in the 2018-19 school year.
Scholarship applicants must:
- Reside in Park Forest,
- Be high school seniors,
- Have a grade point average of at least 2.75,
- Have had no significant negative contact with law enforcement,
- Have had no significant school disciplinary records,
- Must declare criminal justice as their college major, and
- Must attend college courses in the 2018-19 school year at any accredited college or university.
Interested applicants should complete the required application along with a minimum 400 word essay describing what the student plans to accomplish with their degree in Criminal Justice.
Applications are available here.
Completed applications and essays should be submitted no later than January 5, 2018 to email@example.com or mailed to:
Officer Timothy Jones Scholarship
Park Forest Police Department
200 Lakewood Blvd.
Park Forest, IL 60466