Durbin, Schakowsky and Gutierrez Offer Help to Immigrants Applying for Obama Program for DREAM Act-Eligible Youth
Chicago–(ENEWSPF)–October 4, 2012. Congressman Luis V. Gutierrez (D-IL-4) will be joined by Senator Dick Durbin (D-IL) and Rep. Jan Schakowsky to kick off five workshops around Chicago on Saturday aimed at helping young immigrants apply for deferred action, the President’s program to give two-year work authorization and a reprieve from deportation to immigrants raised in the U.S.
- Roberto Clemente High School (1147 N Western Ave, Chicago 60622) – registration is closed – Hours: 10:00 am – 1:00 p.m.
- Benito Juarez High School (1450-1510 West Cermak Road [at Ashland], Chicago 60608) -registration is closed – Hours: 10:00 am – 1:00 p.m.
- Harry S. Truman City College (1145 West Wilson Ave Chicago 60640) -registration is still open – Hours: 9:00 am – 1:00 p.m.
- Richard J. Daley City College (7500 South Pulaski Rd Chicago 60652) -registration is closed – Hours: 10:00 am – 1:00 p.m.
- Wilbur Wright City College (4300 N. Narragansett Ave Chicago 60634) -registration is closed Hours: 10:00 am – 1:00 p.m.
DATE: Saturday, October 6, 2012
DESCRIPTION: Over 500 pre-registered applicants have received pre-workshop consultations to gather appropriate documents to facilitate the application. At each site, they will meet with volunteers who will answer questions and help them prepare their application. Anyone who is not pre-registered will receive an orientation to the program and be given an opportunity to register for future workshops.
More information can be found at www.DREAMrelief.org or by calling Rep. Gutierrez’ Office at 773-742-0774