Updated January 10, 2012 at 8:14 p.m.
Cook County, IL-(ENEWSPF)- Judge Mathias Delort, candidate for judge of the appellate court in Cook County, picked up key endorsements recently from Chicago Alderman Patrick J. O’Connor and Congresswoman Jan Schakowsky.
Delort also recently received a "Recommended" for 2011 from the Lesbian and Gay Bar Association, in addition to the following ratings from bar associations:
- Highest Possible Rating for Appellate Court Judge – Chicago Bar Association, 2011
- Highest Possible Rating for Appellate Court Judge – Illinois State Bar Association, 2011
- Hellenic Bar Association of Illinois, 2011: the organization’s highest rating, "Recommended"
- Decalogue Society of Lawyers, 2011: Qualified
- Cook County Bar Association, "America’s Oldest Bar Association of Black Lawyers and Judges", 2011: "Recommended", saying "You possess the basic legal skills including a demonstrated awareness of the importance of diversity issues and character to be an effective Appellate Court Justice."
- Hispanic Lawyers Association of Illinois, 2011: "Qualified"
- Lesbian and Gay Bar Association, 2011: "Recommended"
- Women’s Bar Association of Illinois, 2011: the organization’s highest rating, "Recommended"
Delort is the endorsed candidate of the Cook County Democratic Party and the former Village Attorney of the Village of Park Forest.
Web site: supportdelortforthecourt.com