Mr. Romney and Bain Capital Invest $23 Million in a Brutal Sweatshop in China
Pittsburgh, PA–(ENEWSPF)–September 28, 2012.
“Yesterday afternoon the Institute released a new report about the Global-Tech factory in China, a true sweatshop, in which Romney and his investment company, Bain Capital, invested some $23 million. Please share widely.” — Charlie Kernaghan
The report contains the following information:
√ Executive Summary
√ Mr. Romney and Brookside Invest up to $23 Million in Global-Tech
Sweatshop in China
√ Mr. Romney Was Investing in the Outsourcing of U.S. Jobs and
√ Mitt Romney is Responsible
√ Misery Updated: Brutal and Illegal Sweatshop Conditions Persist at Global-Tech in China
- Grueling 105- to 112-Hour Work Weeks
- Below Subsistence Wages
- Child Labor Persists
- Primitive and Filthy Dorms at Global-Tech
- The Workers’ Cafeteria Is Beyond Filthy: Barely Edible and Frequently Rotten Food
- Global-Tech Workers Have No Hope for Their Future And See No Possibility of Change
- Workers Can Easily Join the Global-Tech Factory, But Getting Out Is Another Story
- Global-Tech Workers Also Cheated of Healthcare and Other Benefits
- Gross Violation of Guangdong Province’s Regulations on Payment of Wages
- Would You Like Your Son or Daughter to Work at Global-Tech?
Global-Tech factory in Dongguan, China.
Twelve workers share each primitive and filthy dorm room. To wash, they use small plastic buckets to fetch water, which they splash on themselves, standing next to the toilet in the tiny bathroom.
|High school students forced to work 15 to 16 hours a day, seven days a week.|
|Student interns, sitting on backless stools hunched over their assembly line, must complete the same operation every 13 seconds, non-stop, cleaning 3,920 circuit boards in 14 hours.|