ISAF Condemns Roadside Bombing in Farah, November 16, 2012

KABUL, Afghanistan–(ENEWSPF)–November 16, 2012  — An improvised explosive device strike today in the western province of Farah killed more than a dozen Afghan civilians – mostly women and children – and injured at least seven. A provincial government spokesman blamed the Taliban for planting the roadside bomb that the innocent civilians impacted. 

The International Security Assistance Force strongly condemns this latest brutal attack against innocent civilians.

The insurgents have again killed innocent Afghans, including women and children,” said Brig. Gen. John Madower, the deputy ISAF spokesperson. “The insurgents’ claim to avoid killing civilians again rings hollow as they continue their ruthless IED campaign.”

By far, insurgents cause the most war-related Afghan civilian deaths and injuries, more than 2,800 so far this year, according to ISAF statistics. The majority of these casualties are caused by Taliban IEDs.

The insurgents have no regard for the good people of this country,” Madower said. “Today’s tragedy is just another clear example of that.”

Source: isaf.nato.int