When being treated for a disease as serious as cancer, it is very important to focus on getting adequate nutrition. However, it may be quite difficult for you to adapt a cancer diet that’s both balanced and adequate.
According to a report published by the World Cancer Research Fund in November 2007, foods containing lycopene and selenium probably protect against prostate cancer. Foods containing calcium are a probably cause of prostate cancer.
Here, you need to emphasize on repairing damaged cells due to the side effects caused by cancer treatments such as radiation and chemotherapy. Most effective cancer treatments such as chemotherapy tend to give you loads of fatigue and even sap your otherwise healthy appetite.
Hence, it is very important to make sure that you are getting all the adequate nutrients, minerals and vitamins that are required to keep a cancer diet balanced enough to keep you in a healthy state.
Southern Mediterranean diet and Japanese diet are often related to a long and healthy life. These also worked towards reducing the overall risk of Prostate cancer. These diets are rich in green tea, fish, vegetables, tomatoes, fruits, garlic, red wine, olive oil and soy and low in fat and calories. These diets are low in red meat.
Include the following and focus of principles given below when reevaluating daily diet:
- Exercise regularly. Walking is the best exercise you can adopt. Make it a daily habit.
- Restrict your calorie intake. Taking more calories than required would be really bad for cancer growth. You must eat what requires you to get to the next meal. Avoid all type of junk food.
- Make sure you include a variety of items in the meal you take. You must focus on increasing the diversity.
- Supplements should never be replaced with other things in your diet. Nutrients from natural food are always the best.
- Make regular controls by your health care professional; preferably every three months. Be proactive.
- Reduce animal fat in your diet as much as you can. According to several studies, it has been proved that excess amount of fat such as those found in high-fat dairy and red meat tend to stimulate the growth of Prostate cancer.
- Take special care to avoid trans-fatty acids. These are helpful in promoting cancer growth. These foods are rich in margarines, fried as well as baked foods.
- Increase your in-take of fresh fish. The food ingredient is high in alpha omega-3 fatty acids. You must eat cold-water fish ideally such as sardines, trout, salmon and mackerel at least twice or thrice a week. The fish must be baked, grilled or poached.
- Increase your intake of herbs, fresh fruits and vegetables. Include leafy green vegetables, seeds, nuts, fresh herbs, berries, colorful veggies and fruits in your diet.
For more Articles, News, Information, Advice, and Resources about PROSTATE CANCER please visit PROSTATE INSIGHTS
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com