Silver Spring, Maryland–(ENEWSPF)–April 4, 2016. Roland Foods, LLC, of New York, NY, in cooperation with the manufacturer in Peru, is initiating a voluntary recall of specific lots of Roland® Fire Roasted Red Pepper Strips due to the possible presence of glass fragments in the product, therefore posing a potential health hazard.
Roland® Fire Roasted Red Pepper Strips were distributed nationwide and to Canada to food distributors, food service customers, and super market chains for further distribution or use.
The following product is subject to the voluntary recall:
- Roland® Fire Roasted Red Pepper Strips, NET Wt. 5 LB. 8 OZ. can
- Item #: 45628
- Lot #s: 427, 428, 432, 437
- UPC #: 10041224456287 (carton) and 041224456280 (can)
- Pack Size: 6 x 5 LB. 8 OZ. cans per shipping carton
- Production Codes (code is ink jet printed on the top of the can):
G1 MSS 1 P0929 and G1 MSS 2 P0929
- Carton Markings:
- ITEM 45628
- LOT #s: 427, 428, 432, 437
- Fire Roasted Red Pepper Strips
- UPC 10041224456287
No other sizes of Roland® Fire Roasted Red Pepper Strips or products are affected by the voluntary recall.
No illnesses have been reported to date.
The recall was initiated after the firm received customer complaints of glass in the product. The recalling firm has notified the manufacturer of the findings in order to conduct an investigation as to what caused the problem.
Consumers can visit www.rolandfood.com, or contact its Consumer Hotline at 1-800.221.4030 ext. 222, Monday – Friday, 9am-5pm EST, for further information about the voluntary recall and for instructions on obtaining replacement product.