Park Forest, IL–(ENEWSPF)–February 2, 2015. The following are helpful and important post-snowstorm details for Park Forest residents to be aware of:
Park Forest experienced 2,198 homes without power due to the winter storm. Roughly 94 percent of those power outages have been corrected. The estimated 300 homes that remain without power should have service again by about 2 p.m. per ComEd officials. Eight ComEd crews are in town working to resolve the issues. Residents still experiencing outages can stay updated with information from ComEd by visiting ComEd’s outage map at the following address: https://www.comed.com/
- Due to weather conditions, this evening’s Village Board meeting has been canceled. The next meeting will be held on Monday, Feb. 16 at 7 p.m.
- Village Hall, usually open until 8 p.m. on Monday evenings, will close tonight at 5 p.m.
- Homewood Disposal has notified its customers that they will be closed today. As a result of the closing, garbage collection for single-family homes in Park Forest will be delayed by one day this week. Apartment complexes, cooperatives, and other townhome/condo associations in Park Forest contract with numerous garbage collection companies who operate on varying schedules. Thus, residents in those areas should check with their respective management office for any schedule changes this week.
- As a reminder to residents, the Recreation and Parks Department’s TeenZone program may be able to pair residents in need of assistance shoveling with Park Forest teens looking for work. Payment details are determined by the homeowner and the teen worker. For information, call 708-748-2005.
- Residents are asked to help Public Works crews do as thorough of a job in plowing Village streets as possible by moving vehicles parked on the roads. Crews have focused snow removal efforts on major streets during the height of the storm and are now moving into side streets.
The Village thanks all residents for their continued patience and cooperation. For all other questions, please call Village Hall at 708-748-1112.