Dr. Elaine P. Maimon, President of Governors State University, will serve on the Board of Directors of the American Association of State Colleges and Universities (AASCU) in 2014. (PHOTO SUPPLIED)
University Park, IL-(ENEWSPF)- Tomás D. Morales, president of California State University, San Bernardino, will assume the chair of the American Association of State Colleges and Universities’ (AASCU) Board of Directors during the association’s annual meeting Wednesday, October 23, 2013.
Morales has served as president of California State University, San Bernardino since 2012; he previously served as provost, vice president for academic affairs and vice president for student affairs at California State Polytecnic, Pomona. Before becoming board chair, Morales served on AASCU’s Board of Directors and co-chaired AASCU’s National Taskforce on College Readiness.
Current board member, J. Keith Motley, chancellor of University of Massachusetts Boston, will assume the position of chair-elect at Wednesday’s meeting. In addition to his board position, Motley serves on the steering committee of the AASCU Millennium Leadership Initiative (MLI). Motley has been chancellor of the University of Massachusetts Boston since 2007.
The following presidents and chancellors will serve on the AASCU Board of Directors in 2014 (Note: Names with asterisks represent new board members):
2014 Chair-Elect (to serve as chair in 2015):
- J. Keith Motley, chancellor, University of Massachusetts Boston
- Mary Evans Sias, president, Kentucky State University
- Deborah F. Stanley, president, University of New York College at Oswego
- Rodolfo Arévalo, president, Eastern Washington University*
- F. Javier Cevallos, president, Kuztown University of Pennsylvania
- Mary Cullinan, president, Southern Oregon University
- Richard Davenport, president, Minnesota State University, Mankato
- David L. Eisler, president, Ferris State University (Mich.)
- Jerry Farley, president, Washburn University (Kan.)
- Mildred García, president, California State University Fullerton*
- Dana L. Gibson, president, Sam Houston State University (Texas)
- Virginia Schaefer Horvath, president, State University of New York at Fredonia*
- Glen D. Johnson, chancellor, Oklahoma State Regents for Higher Education, System Head*
- Stephen M. Jordan, president, Metropolitan State University of Denver (Colo.)*
- Elaine P. Maimon, President, Governors State University (Ill.)
- Keith T. Miller, president, Virginia State University*
- William Ruud, president, University of Northern Iowa*
- Dennis J. Shields, chancellor, University of Wisconsin-Platteville*
AASCU is a Washington-based higher education association of more than 400 public colleges, universities and systems whose members share a learning- and teaching-centered culture, a historic commitment to underserved student populations and a dedication to research and creativity that advances their regions’ economic progress and cultural development.