University Park, IL-(ENEWSPF)- CenterPoint at Governors State University is sponsoring six Starting a Business in Illinois workshops in January for Chicago Southland residents.
The free two-hour workshops focus on personal, financial, and legal aspects of starting a business. Participants will learn what steps to take and what resources are available to assist new business owners succeed in today’s challenging economic climate.
Workshops will be presented:
- On Monday, January 9 at 5:30 p.m. at Old Plank Trail Bank, 20901 S. LaGrange Road, Frankfort. Judi Mack, Regional Representative for GSU CenterPoint, will present the program, sponsored by Old Plank Trail Bank.
- On Thursday, January 12 at 9 a.m. at Lemont Village Hall, 418 Main Street, Lemont. Judi Mack will present the program, sponsored by the Village of Lemont.
- On Monday, January 16 at 7 p.m. at Oak Lawn Public Library, 9427 S. Raymond Avenue, Oak Lawn. Dan McAllister, Regional Representative for GSU CenterPoint, will present the program, sponsored by the Oak Lawn Library.
- On Wednesday, January 18 at 9 a.m. at Kallsen Center in Tinley Park Village Hall, 16250 S. Oak Park Avenue, Tinley Park. Dan McAllister will present the program, sponsored by the Village of Tinley Park.
- On Monday, January 23 at at 1 p.m.at the Palos Heights Public Library, 12501 S, 71st. Street, Palos Heights. Dan McAllister will present the program, sponsored by the Palos Heights Library.
- On Tuesday, Jan 31 at 6:30 p.m. in the Homer Glen Public Library, 14320 W. 151st Street, Homer Glen. Judi Mack will present the program, sponsored by the Homer Glen Library.
CenterPoint at Governors State University is an Illinois Small Business Development Center offering professional assistance, counseling, relevant training, and ongoing support services to entrepreneurs. CenterPoint is a service of Governors State University with grant support from the Illinois Department of Commerce and Economic Opportunity and the U.S. Small Business Administration.