CHICAGO–(ENEWSPF)–October 23, 2014. A forum exploring the current state of the Middle East and the U.S. response to ISIS will be held at Roosevelt University in Chicago on Tuesday, October 28.
A noteworthy panel of political and academic experts from the Chicago area will participate in a discussion on “The U.S. Response to ISIS: Challenges and Strategies” from 3 p.m. to 5:30 p.m. in Room 612 of Roosevelt’s Wabash Building, 425 S. Wabash Ave., Chicago. (Roosevelt University’s David Faris, pictured above, is a panelist and one of the organizers of the event).
Panelists will include:
• Roey Gilad, Consul General of Israel to the Midwest
• Maged Refaat, Consul General of Egypt in Chicago
• David Faris, assistant professor of political science and chair of the Political Science and Public Administration Department at Roosevelt University and author of the recent Ethos Review article, “The Cancer is Back: ISIS and the Certainty of Future Horrors.”
• Scott Hibbard, associate professor of political science at DePaul University and expert on Middle East politics, Islamic activism and U.S. Foreign Policy
• Wendy Pearlman, assistant professor and Crown Junior Chair in Middle East Studies at Northwestern University who has recently interviewed dozens of Syrian refugees about their experiences in the Syrian uprising and war
Sponsored by Roosevelt University’s Department of Political Science and Public Administration and the Niagara Foundation, the forum is free and open to Niagara Foundation members and to Roosevelt University students, faculty and staff showing a valid Roosevelt ID. Entry fee for all others is $10. An RSVP is required by contacting Juli Rowen, assistant dean, at [email protected]