Park Forest community theater to offer $12,500 in scholarships for Fall 2010 semester to local high school and college students
Park Forest, IL–(ENEWSPF)– Holiday Star Theater is offering five $2,500 scholarships for students who plan to or are currently majoring in film production, theater management, performing arts or related field at a local Chicago-area college or university.
The Holiday Star Theater Scholarship was designed to encourage local area students to pursue these courses of study. The newly created scholarship program is open to graduating high school seniors and current college students who reside in the Chicagoland area, with preference given to residents of Park Forest and its surrounding communities. Applicants will be evaluated based on a variety of factors including GPA, level of community involvement and other outstanding factors.
Additional information and the application form can be downloaded online via http://www.theholidaystartheater.net/scholarship.pdf.
Details and Eligibility
- Five (5) scholarships in the amount of $2,500 each will be awarded in June for the Fall 2010 semester.
- Local graduating high school seniors and currently enrolled college students from the Chicagoland area are eligible to apply. Preference will be given to residents of Park Forest and its surrounding communities.
- Applicants must plan to major in or currently majoring in film production, theater management, performing arts or related field at an accredited Chicago-area college or university.
- Scholarship awards will be based on a variety of factors including GPA, level of community involvement and other outstanding factors.
- Completed application form
- Written essay highlighting the reasons tpursue an education in arts and/or media, current community involvement, past achievements, career aspirations and why you feel you deserve this scholarship
- Written responses tthe following questions:
- What is your favorite movie and why?
- Why are independent movie theaters important tlocal communities and how can they further assist the community?
Additional supporting materials including videos, photos, design samples, transcripts and recommendations may alsbe submitted.*
Please submit entries for Fall Semester by May 17, 2010 all entries should be sent to:
Additional material* should be mailed to:
Holiday Star Theater
Attn: Scholarship Program
340 Main Street
Park Forest, IL 60466
*All Materials (video, photos, essays, etc) are sole property of The Holiday Star Theater.