Asia Borjas, an 11-year resident of Park Forest. (PHOTO SUPPLIED)
Park Forest, IL-(ENEWSPF)- eNews Park Forest is pleased to continue with our series featuring Park Forest’s best and brightest students, pleased to introduce Asia Borjas, an 11-year resident of Park Forest. Favorite class? Art. And always, always on the honor roll.
Thanks to Kevin Kredens, Publicity Liaison, Head Coach Boys Cross Country and Assistant Head Coach Girls Track and Field/Cross Country for sending these completed interviews!
- Are you a Park Forest Resident: Yes, for 11 years.
- At Rich East all four years: Yes.
- Favorite classes and why: Spanish IV because I enjoy speaking Spanish and learning the language as I get older. Also, getting in touch with my Hispanic side excites me to learn more about my heritage.
- Favorite teachers: Ms. Pierce was my Spanish teacher for two years and also my mentor who motivated me when preparing for and taking the ACT. Ms. Jordan because she is always enthusiastic about being our college advisor and helping me with college matters. Ms. Brooks is a secretary in the guidance office whom I enjoy being a student aide for. And my math teacher Mr. Kauffman.
- GPA/Class Rank: 3.70. Ranked 14th of 204.
- ACT: 20.
- Areas met on PSAE: Reading and math.
- AP Exams: I will be taking the AP Literature exam in the spring.
- Activities/Athletics/Clubs participated in: I was nominated for and received the Green and Gold Apple Award, as well as receiving the academic excellence award all four years; Future Leaders of the World (FLOW), Key Club, Lagoon Student Yearbook, Mathletes, National Honor Society, Snowball, Snowflake, Spanish National Honor Society, See You at the Pole/Youth Alive! and Student Council (SCORE).
- Clubs, hobbies, special volunteering in church/community: PADS with Calvary Baptist Church.
- College choice/major: I have been accepted at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign and plan to major in political science with an emphasis in pre-law.
- Where do you want to be in five/10 years: Within five years, I want to have graduated from college with my bachelor’s degree in political science with a pre-law emphasis. Within 10 years, I want to be financially stable with a law degree, working as an attorney serving clients who are truly innocent.