Charan Bashir. (PHOTO SUPPLIED)
Park Forest, IL-(ENEWSPF)- eNews Park Forest is pleased once again to present our series featuring Park Forest’s best and brightest students, today introducing Charan Bashir, a 17-year resident of Park Forest. He loves to draw and skate, has participated in Snowball, admires teachers who demonstrate leadership and compassion, and has served his fellow students as a Peer Mediator.
Thanks to Kevin Kredens, Publicity Liaison, Head Coach Boys Cross Country and Assistant Head Coach Girls Track and Field/Cross Country for sending these completed interviews.
Meet Charan Bashir:
- Are you a Park Forest Resident? Yes, 17 years.
- At Rich East all four years? Yes.
- Favorite classes. AP Literature, AP Psychology. Not only do I really love these subjects but it’s the teachers that count, who really gets me involved in these subjects. Ms. Ptak and Mr. Grigsby really motivate me and others. They make it interesting and challenging, yet simple to succeed in these advance placement classes.
- Favorite teachers: Mr. Grigsby: His enthusiasm in the classroom encourages all students to strive for their best; Ms. Wessendorf: Her leadership (especially for Snowball) and her compassion toward every student is inspiring. She creates a positive environment each and every day at REHS; Ms. Ptak: A true intellectual. Her knowledge is amazing and she makes it her priority to be sure that all of her students succeed.
- GPA/Class Rank: 3.208 GPA/42nd of 204.
- ACT: 22
- Areas met on PSAE: Reading and math
- AP Exams/scores: I will be taking my AP Literature and AP Psychology exams in the spring..
- Activities/Athletics/Clubs: Future Leaders of the World (F.L.O.W.}, Green and Golden Apple Award for Outstanding Leadership, Key Club, Mathletes, Operation Snowball, Operation Snowflake, Peer Mediation, SCORE (Student Council of Rich East), See You at the Pole/Youth Alive!
- Clubs, hobbies, community/church volunteering: Hobbies: I love to draw and skate; pretty much any form of self-expression. I also volunteer with SCORE, Key Club and the Village of Park Forest to help promote Safe Halloween, Food Drives and the Kiwanis Pancake Breakfast in downtown Park Forest.
- College choice/Major: I’m trying to decide between DePaul, Eastern Illinois University, Northern Illinois University and the University of Illinois-Chicago. I plan to major in Psychology.
- Where do you want to be in five/10 years: In five years, I will be enrolled in the master’s program at the University of Michigan. In 10 years, I want to find a way to change the world.