Meet Eniola Orenuga. (PHOTO SUPPLIED)
Park Forest, IL-(ENEWSPF)- eNews Park Forest continues its series featuring Park Forest’s best and brightest students, today introducing Eniola Orenuga, an 11-year Park Forest resident originally from Nigeria.
Eniola enjoys writing, has participated in a number of clubs and activities, including Drama, French National Honor Society, Future Leaders of the World (FLOW), GSA, Matheletes, National Honor Society, Operation Snowball, Scholastic Bowl, Soccer, Student Council of Rich East (SCORE), and Thespians.
Thanks to Kevin Kredens, Publicity Liaison, Head Coach Boys Cross Country and Assistant Head Coach Girls Track and Field/Cross Country for sending these completed interviews.
Meet Eniola Orenuga:
- Are you a Park Forest Resident? Yes. I have been a Park Forest resident for 11 years. My family and I came to the United States from Lagos, Nigeria when I was two. We lived in Texas and a few other places for before coming to Park Forest.
- At Rich East all four years? Yes, I have attended Rich East High School all four years.
- Favorite classes and why: My favorite classes have always been all of my English classes because I particularly enjoy writing. I have also enjoyed my AP Psychology class because psychology has always been an interesting subject to me.
- Favorite teachers: My favorite teachers are Ms. Segura (Tijerina), Ms. Ptak, Mr. Blomarz and Mrs. Wessendorf, because they all have invested their time and interest in me and have pushed me to get where I need to be.
- GPA/Class Rank: I have a 3.937 GPA and my class rank is 9th out of 204.
- ACT: I received a 25 on my ACT.
- Areas met on PSAE: I met in reading and math.
- AP Exams/scores: I took the AP Psychology exam my sophomore year and earned a 4. Later, I took the English Language and Composition Exam and also earned a 4.
- Activities/Athletics/Clubs participated in: I have been active in Drama, French National Honor Society, Future Leaders of the World (FLOW), GSA, Matheletes, National Honor Society, Operation Snowball, Scholastic Bowl, Soccer, Student Council of Rich East (SCORE), Thespians.
- Clubs, hobbies, community/church/special volunteering in community: I really don’t have any outside-of-school clubs or hobbies. My school activities and my schoolwork are my clubs and hobbies. They keep me busy enough.
- College choice/major: I will be attending Illinois State University in Normal. I have yet to decide on a major.
- Where do you want to be in five years, in 10 years? In five years I hope to be out of college with my degree and knowing what I want to do with my life and begin a career in my field of interest. In 10 years, I hope to be in that career, with nowhere to go but up.