Heather Klain. (PHOTO SUPPLIED)
Park Forest, IL-(ENEWSPF)- eNews Park Forest is pleased once again to present our series featuring Park Forest’s best and brightest students, today introducing Heather Klain, a 9-year resident of Park Forest who loves her Independent Studies/Psychology and World History Honors. She has been accepted at at Knox College in Galesburg, Ill., the University of Michigan (Ann Arbor) and the University of Wisconsin (Madison).
Thanks to Kevin Kredens, Publicity Liaison, Head Coach Boys Cross Country and Assistant Head Coach Girls Track and Field/Cross Country for sending these completed interviews.
Meet Heather Klain:
- Are you a Park Forest Resident: Yes, for nine years.
- At Rich East all four years: Yes.
- Favorite classes: Independent Studies/Psychology – more in-depth study, personally tailored; World History Honors – it expanded my view of the world, especially European history; French.
- Favorite teachers and/or coaches: Coach Tiffinie Conner (poms) because she is such an inspiration (special education teacher, mother, social worker, student and coach) she always pushes us to succeed at everything we do; Ms. Ptak and Mrs. Christiansen because they always ensure the best for us.
- GPA/Class Rank: 3.804/5th of 204.
- ACT: 32.
- Areas met or exceeded on PSAE: Exceeded in Reading, met in math.
- AP Exams: Psychology 4 (took sophomore year), United States History 4 (took junior year), English Language 4 (took junior year).
- Activities/Athletics/Clubs participated in: Drama Club, 4 years,. president; GSA, 4 years, president; French National Honor Society, 3 years; GSA, 4 years, president; National Honor Society, 3 years; Poms, 1 year; Thespians, 4 years, vice-president.
- Clubs, hobbies: I like to do a lot of studio dancing. I also do community work with the Crawford Countryside Sanitary District a secretary.
- College choice/Major: I have been accepted at Knox College in Galesburg, Ill., the University of Michigan (Ann Arbor) and the University of Wisconsin (Madison). I am waiting to hear from Emory University in Atlanta, Ga. Whichever college or university I attend, I plan to major in psychology.
- Where do you want to be in five/10 years: In five years I hope to be entering graduate or medical school. In 10 years, founding a homeless shelter/soup kitchen that can offer/require mental health services and screening, would like to do this in an urban area (Chicago).