Jacob Wilson. (PHOTO SUPPLIED)
Park Forest, IL-(ENEWSPF)- eNews Park Forest is pleased once again to present our series featuring Park Forest’s best and brightest students, today introducing Jacob Wilson, a 17-year resident of Park Forest who some day hopes he’s LA-bound. He likes to jog, draw, and play video games. He also volunteers at his church feeding the homeless. Still undecided for college, he has acceptance letters from Marquette, DePaul, Bradley and the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign.
Thanks to Kevin Kredens, Publicity Liaison, Head Coach Boys Cross Country and Assistant Head Coach Girls Track and Field/Cross Country for sending these completed interviews.
Meet Jacob Wilson:
- Are you a Park Forest Resident? Yes, 17 years.
- At Rich East all four years? Yes.
- Favorite classes. Biology. College Algebra, Trigonometry, History.
- Favorite teachers and/or coaches: Coach Leonard – He puts players in the best position for them to thrive; Mr. Blomarz – I loved his passion for math; Mrs. Bloodgood – I loved her energy.
- GPA/Class Rank: 3.609 GPA/19th of 204.
- ACT: 27
- Areas met on PSAE: Reading and math
- AP Exams/scores: English 3.
- Activities/Athletics/Clubs: All-Academic Award, Baseball, Basketball, Cross Country, National Honor Society, Spanish Honor Society.
- Clubs, hobbies, community/church volunteering: Hobbies: Jogging, drawing, video games. I also volunteer to help feed the homeless with my church, Agape Bible Fellowship, in Matteson, Ill.
- College choice/Major: I’ve been accepted at Marquette, DePaul, Bradley and the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign. I’m deciding which one of those great colleges will be the best place for me. I plan to major in computer science.
- Where do you want to be in five/10 years: In five years, I plan to be finished with college and completely moved out of my parents’ house. In 10 years, I plan to be living in Los Angeles, with a family of my own, enjoying a career as an animator.