Robert Ruiz. (PHOTO SUPPLIED)
Park Forest, IL-(ENEWSPF)- Continuing with our series featuring Park Forest’s best and brightest students, eNews Park Forest is pleased to introduce Robert Ruiz, a seven-year resident of Park Forest, an honors and A.P. student, and a student with plans to enter graduate school after college.
Below is a Q&A provided by the school:
- Are you a Park Forest Resident? How long? Yes. About 13 years.
- At Rich East all four years? Yes.
- Favorite classes: AP Literature, AP Statistics, AP Psychology. The teachers are very smart and have a great sense of humor. I feel very comfortable in these classes to ask questions and the coursework materials I am learning are very interesting.
- Favorite teachers: I have many great teachers and it’s difficult to narrow it down; but they would be Ms. Ptak, Mr. Blomarz and Mr. Grigsby. They are great teachers and have much to offer in each class. Also, they’re hilarious.
- GPA/Class Rank: Weighted: 4.150/4.00 ; Unweighted: 3.825/4.000 ; Class Rank: 4th.
- ACT: 24.
- Areas met or exceeded on PSAE: Met four. Exceeded in Reading.
- AP Exams: History, 3.
- Activities/Athletics/Clubs participated in? Special awards? Baseball: Freshman, Sophomore; Golf: Freshman, Sophomore, Senior; Business Professionals of America: Sophomore, Junior; Scholastic Bowl: Senior. I won a Steppenwolf Documentary Film Contest my junior year. The prompt was to make a documentary of Park Forest in the style of Sandra Cisneros’ House on Mango Street. I’ve travelled with People-to-People to England, Ireland, Scotland and Wales. In Business Professionals of America, I’ve won first place in Word Processing Skills at State Competition (2010) and went to nationals in California; also placed at state in Keyboarding Production (2009) but Nationals in Dallas was cancelled because of the swine flu. Have also qualified for Sectionals in Golf several times.
- College choice: I’m not sure yet which college I would like to attend yet, but Columbia College (Chicago), the University of Southern California and Flashpoint are my top choices. I play to major in film production
- Where do you want to be in five years? In 10 years? In five years, I would like to have a steady career doing what I love while supporting my family in anyway possible. In 10 years, I want to be successful in the film industry. I don’t plan to go to Hollywood although that would be nice. I just want to make artistic films and I hope I can get recognized for my work.