Tateanna Foster. (PHOTO SUPPLIED)
Park Forest, IL-(ENEWSPF)- eNews Park Forest is pleased once again to present our series featuring Park Forest’s best and brightest students, today introducing Tateanna Foster, a 7-year resident of Park Forest. She plans to have two BAs within the next five years: one in psychology, the other in business. She teaches Wednesday Night Bible Study and is a youth leader at her church, Calvary Baptist Church in Glenwood. She also volunteers to feed the homeless at PADS.
Thanks to Kevin Kredens, Publicity Liaison, Head Coach Boys Cross Country and Assistant Head Coach Girls Track and Field/Cross Country for sending these completed interviews.
Meet Tateanna Foster:
- Are you a Park Forest Resident: Yes, for seven years.
- At Rich East all four years: Yes, all four years.
- Favorite classes and why: My favorite class is pre-calculus because my teacher, Mr. Kauffman is a wonderful teacher. He makes the class enjoyable. In addition, I have always had a passion for math.
- Favorite teachers: Mr. Kauffman. He is my pre-calculus teacher. Mr. Kaufmann is very enthusiastic about teaching and always willing to give additional help. Also, Mrs. Brooks and Mrs. Dates (guidance office secretary and associate principal secretary, respectively) because they have always supported and encouraged me. And it’s been a pleasure to have been a student aide for both of them.
- GPA/Class Rank: 3.80. Ranked 11th of 204.
- ACT: 23.
- Areas met on PSAE: Reading and math.
- AP Exams: I will be taking the AP psychology and literature exam in the spring.
- Activities/Athletics/Clubs participated in: Future Leaders of the World (FLOW), Key Club, Lagoon Student Yearbook, Mathletes, National Honor Society (President), Peer Mediation, Snowball (Director), See You at the Pole/Youth Alive! and Student Council (SCORE).
- Clubs, hobbies, special volunteering in church/community: Teaching Wednesday Night Bible Study and youth leader at my church (Calvary Baptist Church in Glenwood, Ill.), and PADS helping to feed the homeless.
- College choice/major: I have been accepted at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign and plan to major in psychology with a business minor
- 12. Where do you want to be in five/10 years: Within five years, I would like to have a bachelor’s degree in psychology as well as in business. However, I will still be in school working toward my doctorate degree. Within that time I would like to have completed an internship and have had studied abroad in Thailand. In 10 years, I will have my doctoral degree, working on my career and creating a youth center.