Telisa Fears is a 10 year resident of Park Forest. (PHOTO SUPPLIED)
Park Forest, IL-(ENEWSPF)- eNews Park Forest is pleased to continue with our series featuring Park Forest’s best and brightest students, pleased to introduce Telisa Fears, a 10-year resident of Park Forest. Favorite classes? English. Long-term goals? Doctorate, writer, entrepreneur.
Thanks to Kevin Kredens, Publicity Liaison, Head Coach Boys Cross Country and Assistant Head Coach Girls Track and Field/Cross Country for sending these completed interviews.
Meet Telisa Fears:
- Are you a Park Forest Resident? Yes, for 10 years.
- At Rich East all four years: Yes.
- Favorite classes: My favorite classes are English classes. I love to write and learn about different types of literature. I’ve always had a fascination with words and the English language, so it is no surprise that English classes are my favorite.
- Favorite teachers: Most of my favorite teachers are English teachers, such as Mrs. Bloodgood, Ms. Ptak and Ms. Tijerina to name a few. They inspire me to work harder and become a more passionate writer.
- GPA/Class Rank: 3.532 Grade point average. 24th out of 204.
- ACT: 24
- Areas met or exceeded on PSAE? Met in math and reading.
- AP Exams/scores: I received a 3 on my American Studies/English.
- Activities/Clubs: I’ve been active in the African-American Culture Club, Best Buddies, D.I.V.A.S., Key Club, Lagoon Student Yearbook, Peer Mediation and the Speech Team.
- Hobbies: In my spare time, I like to write poetry, hang with friends, listen to music and read.
- College choice/major: I was recently accepted at Spelman College in Atlanta, Ga. I plan on majoring in either English or Business Management.
- Where do you want to be in five years? In ten years? I may still be in college pursuing a doctorate degree. I hope to become a famous author or perhaps own my own business one day.