Matteson, IL–(ENEWSPF)– Matteson School District No. 162 Board of Education will meet on Tuesday, September 22, at 7:00 p.m. in the board room. The meeting will be preceded by a public hearing on the budget. The following are among the items to be considered.
The following Dates to Remember will be announced:
- Illinois School Sunflower Festival, from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m., September 26, 2009
- Indiana School Dad’s Day, 8 a.m. to 12 p.m., September 30, 2009
- Sauk School’s Dad’s Day, 7:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m., October 2, 2009
- Institute Day, October 9, 2009, No School
- Columbus Day, October 12, 2009, No School
- Board of Education Meeting, 7 p.m., October 20, 2009
The boar will consider the resignations or reirements of the following individuals:
- Approve the retirement of Donna Payne, physical education teacher at Arcadia School, at the end of the 2009-2010 school year.
- Approve the retirement of Kathleen McElligott, District nurse, effective at the end of the 2010-2011 school year.
- Approve the retirement of Jan McCoy, fifth grade teacher at Indiana School, effective at the end of the 2010-2011 school year.
- Approve the resignation of Lisa LaMorte, first grade teacher at Matteson School, effective September 28, 2009.
- Approve the resignation of Melvin Taylor, paraprofessional at Huth Middle School, effective August 17, 2009
- Approve the resignation of Deborah Thompson, food service aide at Sauk School, effective September 2, 2009.
The board will consider the following Leaves:
- Approve the unpaid leave of Linda Timbers, one on one paraprofessional at Huth Middle School, from September 15 to December 1, 2009.
- Approve the maternity leave under the Family Medical Leave Act of Cynthia O’Brien, teacher at Sauk School, from September 8, 2009 to November 9, 2009.
- Approve the leave under the Family Medical Leave Act of Ethel Ross-Winston, paraprofessional, from August 18, 2009 with an undetermined return date.
The Board will consider authorization of the administration to pay the schedule of bills payable and authorize the District Treasurer to sign the checks dated September 22, 2009, in the amount of $1,035,371.25 and authorization to reimburse the District Imprest Fund for $18,251.92.
Under old business, the Board will consider final adoption of the Fiscal Year 2010 Budget.
Under new business, the Board will consider adoption of the Resolution authorizing the issuance of Tax Anticipation Warrants in anticipation of the collection of taxes levied for the year 2008, by the Board of Education of Matteson School District Number 162, Cook County, Illinois, for educational fund purposes.
The Board will go into executive session to consider information regarding a student discipline case and the appointment, employment, compensation, discipline, performance, or dismissal of specific employees or public officials, collective negotiating matters between the public body and its employees or their representatives, or deliberations concerning salary schedules for one or more classes of employees. 5ILCS 120/2(c)(9), 5 ILCS 120/2(c)(2)