Springfield, IL-(ENEWSPF)- The Illinois Environmental Council (IEC) released its 2017 Environmental Scorecard this week. Representative Al Riley (38th District) has been honored with a perfect pro-environment voting record. A total of 57 state legislators received an award for their voting record during the 2017 legislative session. “Representative Al Riley is a leader for the environment in Springfield,” said IEC Executive Director Jen Walling.
The 2017 Environmental Scorecard included numerous legislative measures. Specific priorities from the Scorecard include:
- HB 2831: Property Assessed Clean Energy Act
- This measure allows local governments to create their own property-assessed clean energy programs and issue low interest bonds to finance clean energy projects.
- SB 1029: Natural Areas Stewardship Act
- SB 1029 promotes stewardship of Illinois’ natural resources by allowing Natural Areas Acquisition Funds to be used on stewardship activities in addition to land acquisition.
- SB71: New Public Utility Wind Projects
- This bill removes certification requirements for new, utility-scale wind projects, which makes it easier to build these projects under the Future Energy Jobs Act
“Representative Al Riley voted 100% of the time with the environmental community on fourteen pieces of key legislation,” added Walling. “The IEC is honored by Representative Riley’s dedication to Illinois’ environment and we look forward to working together in the future.”
IEC releases its scorecard in August of each year.