Park Forest, IL–(ENEWSPF)– Billionaire GOP candidate Bruce Rauner held a press conference to propose 30 new regressive taxes. It comes on the heels of a bevy of news that Rauner and Rauner financed companies avoided taxes and overbilled taxpayers.
- Rauner used loopholes now under scrutiny by the IRS to slash his tax obligation. He avoided contributing a single penny to Social Security and Medicare for two straight years, in 2010 and 2011, but says he’s open to taxing retirement income including Social Security.
- Rauner was a director of HealthRev, which failed to pay $81,000 in Illinois taxes. The company also made thousands in contributions to Cook County officials after it received a multi-million dollar government contract.
- American Habilitations Services – a Rauner financed firm linked to deaths, assaults, and legal action – was cited by the state of Florida for overbilling taxpayers.
- The firm Rauner ran for 31 years, GTCR, failed to pay nearly $13,000 in unemployment taxes in 2005.
- Rauner’s current company, R8, failed to pay the state’s business license fee.
“It’s crystal clear: Billionaire Bruce Rauner wants middle class families to pay more, while he pays less,” said Neal Waltmire, Communications Director for Illinois Freedom PAC. “He already pays a lower tax rate than millions of Illinois’ middle class families, but apparently exploiting the status quo is not good enough for him.”
Source: Illinois Freedom PAC