We knew the lawsuits would come from this one, we did not anticipate this one. Did not realize the rescuers were injured as they were, nor that the contractors ran away.
Two men hurt when they rescued a Park Forest woman from her burning townhouse after a natural gas explosion two years ago are suing the construction firms that allegedly ruptured the gas line.
Homeowners Yolanda Collins and Christina Sandoval previously sued after their adjacent townhouses in the first block of Bailey Road were destroyed in the Feb. 22, 2011 blast.
Now, two AT&T service technicians who rescued Collins from her home that day are also suing Trine Construction Corp., the West Chicago-based contractor that struck a gas main while working on a water system improvement project for the village, according to the suit filed Wednesday.