Portland, Oregon–(ENEWSPF)–October 9, 2012.
- Seventeen out of twenty-four Romney foreign policy advisors are neocons from the Bush-Cheney Administration http://www.foreignpolicy.com/articles/2012/07/12/the_romney_cheney_doctrine?page=full
- Gov. Romney, even after intelligence failures were known, said he would have still invaded Iraq. In response to a question from Tim Russert on whether he would have invaded Iraq, given what we know now, Romney said, “It was the right decision to go into Iraq. I supported it at the time; I support it now.” http://www.nytimes.com/2008/01/24/us/politics/24text-debate.html?pagewanted=print
- Mitt Romney called the decision to end the war in Iraq a “astonishing failure.” http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/election-2012/post/mitt-romney-calls-obama-iraq-decision-an-astonishing-failure/2011/10/21/gIQANpjD4L_blog.html
- Gov. Romney was against the decision to wind down the war in Afghanistan, calling it “misguided” http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics/2012/02/mitt-romney-calls-leon-panettas-withdrawal-announcement-misguided/
- Mitt Romney was favorable to the idea of voucherizing the care Veterans receive from the Department of Veterans Affairs, during a roundtable in New Hampshire last year http://2012.talkingpointsmemo.com/2011/11/romney-spit-balls-his-way-to-privatizing-veterans-benefits.php
- Paul Ryan’s budget could have cut $11 billion, or 13 percent, from veterans care http://www.nationaljournal.com/politics/analysis-how-ryan-s-budgets-would-affect-ours-20120813
Founded in 2006, and backed by over 220,000 members, the mission of VoteVets.org is to use public issue campaigns and direct outreach to lawmakers to ensure that troops abroad have what they need to complete their missions, and receive the care they deserve when they get home. VoteVets.org also recognizes veterans as a vital part of the fabric of our country and will work to protect veterans’ interests in their day-to-day lives. VoteVets.org is committed to the destruction of terror networks around the world – with force when necessary – to protect America. While non-partisan, the group is the largest progressive organization of veterans in America.