Photo Source: villageofparkforest.com
Projects will impact traffic, water availability, parking in certain areas of the Village
Park Forest, IL–(ENEWSPF)–April 10, 2017. Numerous projects are currently taking place throughout Park Forest. Residents in several areas impacted by construction should be aware of the following:
- Crews could potentially work on Saturdays but generally do not.
- Water service will not be disrupted on Good Friday.
- Residents on Sherman, Chase, Hamlin and Homan, Sherman, Waverly, Suwanee, Winslow, Oswego, will experience no parking starting tomorrow and continuing through April 21.
- Water main work continues on the following streets: Ash, Thomas, Oakwood, and Nauvoo.
- Residents on the east side of Indianwood Drive will not have access to their driveways for an extended period as a result of road construction. Residents are encouraged to use side streets for parking. Those with disabilities should contact the Department of Public Works at 708-503-7702 for special accommodations.
- A large water main shutdown on April 12 in the area of Fir Street and Forest Boulevard will impact areas J, E, F, G, Juniper Towers, and Victory Center. Residents should expect to be without water service for the majority of the day.
- Street sweeping begins today on the north end of Park Forest. Crews will work their way to the south end of Park Forest over the coming days. Residents are asked to refrain from parking on Village streets during this time, if possible, to allow room for crews to work and be most effective.