Washington, DC—(ENEWSPF)—February 9, 2018
By: Rosemary Piser
Harley Davidson Motor Company is recalling 175,000 U.S. motorcycles equipped with anti-lock brakes due to risks that brakes could fail.
Recalled motorcycles include:
- Road King (FLHR),
- Road King Police (EFI) (FLHP),
- Road King Police (EFI) (FLHPE),
- Electra Glide Standard Police (EFI) (FLHTP),
- Electra Glide Classic (EFI) (FLHTC),
- Electra Glide Ultra Classic (EFI) (FLHTCU) and Street Glide (EFI) (FLHX),
- 2008 VROD (VRSCAWA), CVO Road King 4 (FLHRSE4),
- Night Rod (VRSCDA), CVO Ultra Classic 3 (FLHTCUSE3),
- Night Rod Special (VRSCDXA),
- 2008-2010 Road King Classic (EFI) (FLHRC),
- 2008-2009 Road Glide (EFI) (FLTR) and Electra Glide Standard (EFI) (FLHT),
- 2009-2010 V-Rod (VRSCAW),
- 2009 CVO Ultra Classic (FLHTCUSE4) and CVO Road Glide 3 (FLTRSE3),
- 2009-2011 Night Rod Special (VRSCDX) and V-Rod Muscle (VRSCF),
- 2010 CVO Ultra Classic 5 (FLHTCUSE5) and CVO Street Glide (FLHXSE),
- 2010-2011 Electra Glide Ultra Limited (FLHTK) and Road Glide Custom (FLTRX),
- 2011 Road Glide Ultra 103 (FLTRU103), Street Glide 103 (FLHX103),
- Road King Classic 103 (FLHRC103),
- CVO Ultra Classic 6 (FLHTCUSE6),
- CVO Road Glide Ultra (FLTRUSE),
- Road Glide Custom 103 (FLTRX103), and
- CVO Street Glide 2 (FLHXSE2) motorcycles.
Deposits may form on components within the brake system if the DOT 4 brake fluid is not replaced for a prolonged period of time beyond the 2-year maintenance schedule specified in the Owner’s Manual.
Harley-Davidson will notify owners, and dealers will flush the entire brake system with new Platinum Label DOT 4 brake fluid, free of charge. The recall is expected to begin February 12, 2018. Owners may contact Harley-Davidson customer service at 1-800-258-2464. Harley-Davidson’s number for this recall is 0171.
Owners may also contact the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration Vehicle Safety Hotline at 1-888-327-4236 (TTY 1-800-424-9153), or go to www.safercar.gov.