Park Forest Police Reports for April 5, 2010

Park Forest Police Station

The Park Forest Police Station. (Photo: Wendy Heise)

Park Forest, IL–(ENEWSPF)–Editor’s Note: We continue our reporting on news from police reports. Besides covering the many stories from around Park Forest that otherwise might go unnoticed, we want to bring more complete coverage of police reports than is reported by other local media.

An arrest does not mean that a person is guilty. All those arrested are presumed innocent until proven guilty. It is the policy of eNews Park Forest to not remove items in the public record from publication. If your name is listed in the police reports, we will only add information relevant to the final disposition of the case at hand, e.g. "Mr. Smith was subsequently acquitted," "Mr. Smith entered a guilty plea," or "All charges against Mr. Smith were subsequently dropped." We will do so upon receiving and verifying proof of such disposition.

Persons wishing to leave anonymous information on any criminal matters including narcotics or gang activity are encouraged to call 708-748-1309 and leave a message on Detective Beilke’s voice mail.

Timothy J. Paige, 23, 3386 Western Ave., Park Forest, was arrested on March 26 and charged with possession of cannabis and failure to signal when required when an officer on patrol in the area of Miami Street and Central Park Avenue observed the vehicle Paige was driving turn northbound onto Central Park Avenue without signaling, according to police.

A juvenile was arrested on March 26 and charged with criminal damage to state supported property and disorderly conduct when an officer working at Rich East High School was advised that there was a disturbance in the school’s cafeteria. According to police, a student had flipped over a table that had a lunchroom computer on it. The computer was valued at $1199, according to police.

The back door of a vehicle parked in Court A3 on Ash Street was reported damaged by a projectile on March 27. A witness reported observing one of four young male subjects walking in a group throw a rock and strike the vehicle.

A Frigidaire refrigerator and a Frigidaire stove valued at $900 total were reported stolen from a residence in the 100 block of Algonquin Street on March 27.

Angela M. Rivers, 25, 6037 S. Eberhart Ave., Chicago, was arrested on March 28 and charged with harassment by telephone, criminal damage to property, suspended driver’s license, and no proof of insurance when police were dispatched to the 300 block of Seminole Street to investigate a report of criminal damage to property.

An unknown subject or subjects spray-painted letters on the wall of a residence in the 200 block of Rich Street on March 29.

Nicos R. Davis, 18, 3440 Western Ave., Park Forest, was arrested on March 31 and charged with retail theft when an officer observed Davis enter CVS Pharmacy, 1 Main Street. The officer waited for Davis to exit the store, recognizing Davis from an arrest on October 29, 2009 on a robbery charge in Park Forest. After exiting the store and being questioned by police, police discovered that Davis had a bag of candy, valued at $1.63, in a pants pocket which he had not paid for, according to police.

An E-Machines desktop computer with keyboard, monitor and modem valued at $600 and miscellaneous food products valued at $100 were reported stolen from a residence in the 100 block of Algonquin Street on March 31.

One juvenile was charged with battery and theft when police were dispatched to the 400 block of Lakewood Boulevard to investigate a report of robbery. Another juvenile was charged with theft in connection with the same incident.

Officer Shulman and K9 Officer Brix were dispatched to the 22300 block of Governors Highway on March 31 to assist Richton Park officers who were pursuing a suspect in a retail theft case. The suspect was on foot. As Officer Shulman and K9 Brix came around the corner of a building in that block, they observed the suspect running towards them. The suspect was ordered to the ground and complied, according to police. The suspect was taken into custody by the Richton Park Police Department without incident.

Related: Man Charged with DUI Asks Officer to Wait While He Checks Phone Messages: Police